Friday, April 6, 2007

Character Deletion

So have any of you ever tried to talk someone out of deleting a character? Odd story I had just logged onto my main Drow when I get a whisper from a guy I had grouped with along time ago back when Drow was in his 20's. So we are chatting and he is talking about deleting his character since his friends call him a noob all the time because he can't level very fast. So I tell him to just have fun and not worry about his friends and just play the game to play. But this guy is serious talking like he is about to commit suicide so I put all my superior Military training in recognizing the warning signs into action and try to keep him talking about his character and where he should be leveling at. Oh he is a 32 Warlock by the way. So he is still talking nonsense when he asks me to help him with some quests. So like a good guy I put the Argent Dawn rep grinding on hold and tell him to meet me in Hammerfall so I can help him quest. Well a little while goes by and he shows up we are chatting when WoW stops recognizing my typing, he is just running into a pole and then bam my internet goes down and I get disconnected. So the World Of Warcraft might be down a member today because my internet sucks. So answer me this have any of you ever tried to talk someone out of committing Virtual Suicide? It was really odd I felt like I was running a suicide hotline over the Internet.

3 comments:

Jesse Petersen (CF Fatboy) said...

That person must be a tard, or is that a turd. You shouldn't need to talk someone into playing or not. They should get a frickin life if they can't even decide if they want to play a game.

I'll say it again, because it must bear repeating: IT'S A GAME!!

Lance said...

I agree but I did the whole caring thing anyways. They always tell us in our suicide awareness courses that the the threat of suicide could come in all sorts of forms so I showed compassion just incase he was reaching for someone to help him out of a hole.

Anonymous said...

well i personally have committed virtual suicide..never at level 32 though! i was only like 10 or 11...and i only did it cuz i got bored and found another character/class i liked better...which just happened to be my blood elf pally, which i will stick it out with until 70...almost 29....but some people, who dont have any interaction with other people on their server, find the game boring, and if they get taunted and jeered out, instead of supported, they'll lose interest, think it sucks, and quit..by deleting their character....alot of factors in this one...